Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 5 January 1989

ACTION PLAN

1. CORPORATE DIVERSIFICATION


A full-day debate on the imperatives of Corporate-level diversification into the un­related business-areas.

2. CORPORATE MISSION

To
-      debate the Corporate Mission presented here
-      evaluate its relevance to L&T in 21st century
-      adopt (with modifications desired)   

3. CORPORATE-VISION

Encompassing a time-span of 5/10/20 years, clearly define L&T's goals, in terms of
Businesses Market-shares Growth-rates Financial parameters

4. CORPORATE-STRATEGY

Having identified future mile-stones along the corporate growth-curve, evolve specific strategies with respect to development of critical inputs of
-      Human Resources
-      Technology Resources
-      Finance Resources
-      Information Resources
all in "quantified" terms

5. COMMUNICATION

Obtain employee-involvement and commitment towards attainment of Corporate Vision, through regular, top-level, company-wide communication.

6. PROCESS

Set up a clearly defined mechanism to periodically monitor the organisational performance/attainment with respect to the Corporate Mission.

7. PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT FUNCTION

Strengthen the P & D function in order to accelerate the diversification-process Corporate-level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment