Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 6 November 1985

ENROLMENT IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS

FROM  THE REPORT

" CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION "

NOV. 1985
ENROLMENT IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS
PRESENT SITUATION :

ENROLMENT IN 1950-51     Was 12.2 Lacs
Enrolment in 1980-81        was 94.9 Lacs
Growth-rate (Compound)    7.08% per annum
Whereas growth-rate in Primary was
-      In Fifties      ...   6.2%
-      In Sixties     ...   5.0%
-      In Seventies  ..   5%


CHANGE/ ACTION DESIRED :

Even though the growth-rate in Secondary Education was higher it may not sustain due to drop in growth-rate of Primary.

When we achieve 100% enrolment rate at Primary level. Larger growth-rate will be required at Secondary level as well.
ADVANTAGES EXPECTED :

Level of literacy will go up.
ACTION BY :

State Governments.

No comments:

Post a Comment