Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 4 November 1985

OUTLAY ON EDUCATION

FROM  THE REPORT

" CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION "

NOV. 1985          
OUTLAY ON EDUCATION
PRESENT SITUATION:

-      India spends only 3% of its GNP on education
-      Developed countries spend 8%
-      1968 Review Committee recommended 6%



CHANGE / ACTION DESIRED:

If India has to catch-up with the world progress, she must immediately increase allocation on education to 10% of GNP.
Position to be reviewed and monitored every 5 years.


ADVANTAGES EXPECTED :

High literacy-rate leading overall progress and significant breakthrough on family-welfare front.

ACTION BY :

Ministry of Education & Ministry of Finance.

No comments:

Post a Comment